Friday, May 18, 2018

Friday 5: Know When to Fold 'Em

Four aces on a background of black playing card backs with a Wild West motif


What did you last place into a file folder?

Physically? Some hard copies of comments and revisions I got back from a critique group member. I have an accordion file folder for this project (I've been working on it since 2014) and each slot is feedback from a different reader. I should probably go through and clean it out. Some comments are about revisions I've since made, others are on sections that have since been discarded. It's not really worth it to keep that much of a record around.


What do you know how to fold a piece of paper into?

Not much. A paper airplane? And I could probably make a cootie catcher, still.


What’s your laundry-folding procedure like?

I don't fold laundry.


When do you next expect to invite someone into your fold?

Making friends in Sweden is hard. Maybe I haven't met the right Swedes, just, but all of the new friends I've made (if the word "friend" can even be applied) have been other immigrants and expats. I think this moment is coming soon, though; I have quite a few acquaintances on the periphery that I'm ready to befriend.


When have you slept on a foldaway bed?

Probably not since high school. One of my friends had a fold-out couch in her rec room and if I slept over, it was on that bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment