Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday 5: Let's Get Physical

How confidently could you turn a cartwheel right now?

Not at all. I'm writing this ahead of schedule with a bum ankle, but that doesn't change anything at the moment of you reading this, wherever and whenever you are. Gymnastics is not my thing.


How (physically) flexible are you?


Not my cat or my mat, but you get the idea.

I'm not a human pretzel, but yoga keeps me relatively limber. So I'd like to think, anyway. That said, I've let yoga fall by the wayside and that's maybe a bad idea. The hardest part is always getting started again.


How are your Frisbee-throwing skills?

Pretty bad.


Which carnival game do you have the best shot at winning?

I actually won one of those "toss the rings on a bottle" games at Six Flags? or Busch Gardens? when I was maybe 13 or so? And I won a HUGE stuffed orangutan. I won on my first or second throw, at that. Everyone involved was surprised: the attendant awkwardly asked me to hand back the rest of my rings, I probably lost my shit, and it took my parents a while to decide what we should do with this oversized prize (I think Teacher Dad took him back to the rental car?).

Tang (that's his name) is still in a closet somewhere, one of the handful of stuffed animals that I'm just too sentimental to get rid of. But since he's much bigger than your run-of-the-mill teddy bear, it's a little harder to take him with you to college, or across the ocean. His fate is thus undecided.


How good are you at toss-the-paper-in-the-wastebasket?

A champ. Why aren't there Olympic Office Sports?

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome about winning the ring toss! I'm impressed; I thought those were rigged!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I guess all those years playing carnie and boardwalk games finally paid off...!

      Delete