Monday, February 20, 2017

Newly Listed: Spring Flower Comp Sci Earrings

Maybe a few months ago I went on a little bead box cleaning spree: I deconstructed earlier pieces I had made featuring fiber optic beads, and cannibalized some of them into newer, nicer pieces. Last night I finished the work by putting them all on ear wires, and now I'll have plenty of new items to list for the next week or so!

Today's feature is a sweet and femme-y hybrid of traditional prints and new materials:

Floral cybertwee fiber optic earrings by Kokoba

I like the contrast between the blue fiber optic accent beads and the floral pattern on the large focal beads. The new with the old!

Floral cybertwee hacker coder programmer gamer blogger computer science earrings STEM sciart jewelry

The combination of delicate florals and high tech would fit in perfectly with the soft, pastel aesthetic of the cybertwee movement. 

Floral cybertwee hacker coder programmer gamer blogger computer science earrings STEM sciart jewelry

I'm not normally a fan of floral prints and patterns, but I think they can be used in interesting and subversive new ways. These earrings are a pretty subtle example; one can absolutely go further.


No comments:

Post a Comment