Friday, February 24, 2017

Friday 5: Rest



When did you last need a few days of complete rest and nothing else?

I feel like that every day, to be honest. I had a really gnarly chest cold for most of February that kept me relatively housebound. I'm better now, but the first two weeks were unpleasant, to say the least.



How do you keep yourself occupied when you have to be in bed all day and night?

Music; reading; reviewing vocabulary on a couple of language-learning apps I use; sleeping.



Who do you most want to hear from when you have to withdraw to your bed for a few days of rest?

It depends. Whenever I have to go into self-imposed quarantine, it means I have a lot of time to just think; often, I'll remember a story or a question I had for someone in particular. But usually I can just send them a message on Gchat or Facebook, so I don't have to make immediate plans to see them when I'm feeling better.



What adverse effects have you experienced while staying in bed for a few days?

I don't like the deconditioning and loss of stamina/energy I notice when I feel better enough to go running again.



When you first notice a few symptoms, are you more likely to shut everything down right away, or try to power through until you don’t have a choice anymore?

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." I try to take it as easy as possible right from the beginning, including lots of garlic, zinc, and lemon tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment