Monday, October 3, 2016

Newly Listed: Pink and Green Pi Focal Necklace

I made this modern little pi necklace ages ago but didn't get around to taking photos until a couple of days ago. For shame!

Pink green nerdy sciart mathart pi jewelry math necklace
Pink and Green Pi Focal Necklace by Kokoba
First of all, I am having the. worst. time trying to figure out what Google did to Picasa. lionelmessi.gif

I like doing beaded things, but I also like experimenting in different silhouettes and using more chains (or maille!) for more modern, minimalist looks. Sometimes less is more!

Pink green nerdy sciart mathart pi jewelry math necklace
Pink and Green Pi Focal Necklace
I also like how pi specifically looks in this kind of style, thanks to the regular/linear progression of the first few digits. Think about it; pi goes 3.1415... and so on. The 1s are nice little spacers and 3, 4, and 5 have a nice asymmetrical yet entirely regular increase to them. I have a deep need for symmetry (Lawyer Mom and Teacher Dad can tell you all about that!), but asymmetry like this I can live with. It doesn't feel entirely off-the-wall or unbalanced.

So far this is the only "focal" style piece available in the shop. I have a couple others tucked in storage in the US that I'll be bringing back out soon, so keep your eyes open! I love my beadwork, but once in a while I like to keep things easy and understated.

No comments:

Post a Comment