Monday, September 26, 2016

Newly Listed: Black and Red Newtonian Constant of Gravitation Bracelet

I love thrift shops. I always have. I don't know about where you went to school, but it seemed like where I did everyone shopped at Goodwill or Salvation Army. And not, like, ironically, either. Or maybe semi-ironically. Or maybe totally ironically and I was the only one missing out on the joke. I don't think so, though.

Of course, in Sweden it's a lot harder for me to thrift outfits because, hey, I'm fat! If I'm going to keep it 100, I've been avoiding the thrift stores here for that reason, the same reason I choose the stores I shop at and even kinds of items I look at with a precision one could call "surgical". But a couple of days ago I had the time and the energy so on the way back from picking up a book for school, I swung by Myrorna and was rewarded not only with new (new-to-me but also, it looked and felt like, nearly out-of-the-box new) sneakers to fit my fat feet, but a doozy of a bead find as well: a multistrand necklace of different black wooden beads for a song!

There are a lot of upcoming pieces from this find, but I want to share just the second one with you right now. (The first one found a home almost as soon as I put it up on Facebook. See you soon, Jenny!)


Physics science jewelry sciart black red bracelet
Newtonian Constant of Gravitation bracelet by Kokoba
My bead box has been short on understated neutrals for a while, so my first thought was to put these black beads to work as the meat and potatoes of some pieces (rather than accent beads). As a result, I think they make for a surprisingly unisex/gender-neutral look.

Physics science jewelry sciart black red bracelet
Newtonian Constant of Gravitation bracelet by Kokoba

I also like the snake-y, accordion look of rondelles rather than the usual round beads. It's something different, you know? That's why I love rondelles: they're incredibly versatile but at the same time a little more visually interesting than just plain round beads. 

Physics science jewelry sciart black red bracelet
Newtonian Constant of Gravitation bracelet by Kokoba

Lately I've been working on more chainmaille than anything else, though it's a lot of thought and experimentation and not a whole lot of finished product to show for it. Sometimes I get in a mood where I just want to finish something quick so I can see the end results and get it out into the world, though. Of course now is a really bad time for me to be throwing myself into new ideas and new products, but I guess that's how the procrastinate-y brain works, doesn't it? Anything to keep myself from doing what I actually need to be doing. Oh, well. That just means more goodies to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment