Friday, April 1, 2016

Friday Five: Into The Lens


What was your first camera like?

Oh, man. It was a Crayola-branded 110 mm camera for kiddos.

Image courtesy Wikimedia Commons
I forget how old I was, but I was fairly young. For a short while I had ~~artistic aspirations and took some really not-good photos. (Bless the photo tech who developed them. I hope my mad Dutch angles and stuffed animal portraits cheered them up, whoever they were!)


What kinds of accessories have you purchased for a camera?

None.


When did you last shoot photos on film, and how many rolls of unshot film do you have in your house?

Oh, probably in...2008? I had purchased a heavy-duty SLR and wanted to justify the purchase, but I think I only ever shot one or two rolls with it. There is zero unshot film in this apartment—or film at all.


Digital photography has all kinds of advantages over film photography, but what’s better about shooting on film and having to get it developed and printed?

I guess it keeps photo techs employed?


How do you manage your digital photos?

I have them organized by year, and that's about it. Once in a while I do a huge system backup to an external hard drive.

3 comments:

  1. Hahah I wanted one of those camera sooo bad when I was a kid! I went though a lot of disposable cameras. Oh, how times have changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that one on eBay is for sale if you still want one that bad. ;) Disposable cameras....oh, those were the days!

      Delete
    2. Hahah for a starting bid of $5 I'm tempted, but then I have to buy film x_x

      Delete