Monday, August 3, 2015

My New Band, Volume 3

I know, it's been a while since I've found some new bands. I blame my vacation. But here are some more good band names I've found! If you end up using any of these, musician friends, you can repay me back by letting me backstage at all your concerts. :P

As always, these are actual turns of phrases and collections of abbreviations I stumble across in the course of my editing work. I collect them for my own amusement and periodically share them here, just because.

Original image courtesy unsplash
1. Failure to Thrive

I think this would be a great name for a political (post) punk band with an agenda. There's something edgy and cynical about it.


2. Abnormal Head Sperm

An irreverent indie/pop band would fit this one, well. I'm thinking something like Barenaked Ladies, Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie, or The Arrogant Worms.


3. Vegetable Bodies 

This one I'm not so sure about, but whatever it is, it's definitely something mellow. Deep house, trance, space ambient, New Age...take your pick.


4. Embryonic Circuit

This can't be anything other than an electronica band, though of a different flavor than Vegetable Bodies. A bit more toe-tappy and danceable, like Sneaker Pimps or Ladytron.


5. Expert Apple

For some reason, I'm picturing a cutesy indie/folk duo, similar to Pomplamoose. Plastic-rimmed glasses, skinny jeans, and ukuleles galore.

No comments:

Post a Comment