Friday, October 31, 2014

Five Fandom Friday: CANDY


5 Fandom Friday is a weekly meme hosted by The Nerdy Girlie. I've been following it (or rather, blogs that participate) for a while, but haven't felt compelled to answer.

Until now.

My participation in fandom is minimal and subdued, shall we say. But no greater love hath a man than I do for chocolate and candy. Or something.


1. 3 Musketeers



I was a picky eater as a child, even when it came to candy. I don't like peanut butter in my chocolate (at all, ever), and since I probably got burned some time with a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, I was wary for YEARS about having anything else ever with my chocolate. Ever. I don't think I had a Twix bar until I was in college. So whenever a house was giving out 3 Musketeers I got super stoked, because a lot of them always had nothing but "chocolate + another thing" candy.

Fortunately, I could always trade with my brother, who was happy to get more Snickers and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.


2. Kit Kat Bars


Another safe, pure chocolate bet. Also, they are really satisfying to snap into pieces.


3. York Peppermint Patties


The only safe bet to mix with chocolate is mint. I would always save these for last and eat them in teeny-tiny nibbles to make them last as long as possible. 


4. Swedish Fish


I'm sure I got a few small bags of these suckers here and there from trick-or-treating, but I'll admit I probably ate more of them during my brother's baseball games than at Halloween. 

Ironically, now that I live in Sweden and can get "candy fish" from the candy section of the grocery store any time I want, it's been ages since I had any.

5. Candy Corn


Far and away the best Halloween candy of all time. It's more the province of school crafts and party gift bags than proper "grab a fistful" trick-or-treating, but either way this is the candy I looked forward to the most when the calendar switches to October. Or, in my broke college student days, when the calendar flipped to November and all of the Halloween candy went on massive discount. 

Apparently a lot of people hate candy corn. I can only surmise they hate all that is good and beautiful in this world.



No comments:

Post a Comment