Friday, July 6, 2012

Foodie Fridays: Lazy Ramen Sequel

Ramen. That budget food of college students and poorfolk everywhere. The East Asian staple. I can't get enough of it.

I never ate that much of it while I was in college. I only got started on ramen when I moved to Korea. Now I always have a big five pack of Shin Ramyeon in my cupboard for days when I get a ramen craving, or when I'm too lazy for a real meal.

The only problem with ramen is that there is always way too much broth. However much you need to cook the noodles is way too much to eat with them. But it's just so wasteful to dump it down the drain!


Solution? Save the broth, add some rice for later! (Also pictured: onions, bell peppers, American cheese). If you're a lazy bum like me, it's microwavable instant rice.

This might be healthy because instead of slurping the broth and its 95% RDA of sodium down in one go, you're stretching it out over two. Or it might be unhealthy because you're using all of the broth instead of dumping it down the drain. Jury's out on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment