Friday, December 16, 2011

Etsy Finds: chainofbeing

When Etsy rolled out the whole "circles" feature, there was a huge uproar.  I don't get why, as without it I would have never found this AWESOME necklace.  I love it.  I love it so much that I might go and buy it RIGHT THIS SECOND. It's everything I love and try to accomplish in my own jewelry: geekery, subtlety, and style.


But wait! There's more!  She also has variations on the planets and their moons!  I have always had a soft (red) spot for Jupiter.  It's a hangover from my pet hobby of astrology (science nerd that I am, I also am fascinated by ancient esoteric symbol systems), where Jupiter is the planet of good luck, fortune, expansion, and all-around good times.  Some people theorize that Jupiter also does a lot to protect our little spaceship Earth by diverting incoming asteroids via its massive gravitational pull (when, you know, the two planets are even remotely close to each other, anyway).


I cannot get over what a cool idea this is.  Can. Not.  Christmas present to myself?  I think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment