Saturday, September 25, 2010

Halloween Costumes, Past & Present

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. Yes, I still dress up now, and I am the kind of person who will geek out over a Halloween costume and not be satisfied unless everything is JUST SO. Some years, my costumes are simple (Blue Screen of Death is a favorite of mine); some years, they're labor-intensive, like my hand-made Link costume (of Legend of Zelda fame). Unfortunately, I don't have photo documentation of all of them. But here is a list of my favorites!

  • Ghost Farmer
  • Hippie
  • Gypsy
  • Bag Lady
  • Silent Bob (my best friend partnered with me on this one to be Jay)
  • Link
  • Harpo Marx
  • Janis Joplin (for which I and some friends knocked back a fairly substantial bottle of Southern Comfort)
  • Blue Screen of Death
  • Coked-Out Mia Wallace


Costume Gallery!

kokoba
That's me on the left, as Coked-Out Mia Wallace; on the right is Betty Draper from Mad Men, as played by my good friend Maddie.

kokoba
The Blue Screen of Death, joined by a physics nerd, Dorian Gray/The Portrait of Dorian Gray, a ninja, Teddy Roosevelt, and an Old-Timey Prospector.

kokoba
I don't know why this one's so grainy! ;_; But this was the year of Harpo Marx.


This year I'm thinking about resurrecting the Jay & Silent Bob costume. I just need to get the bestie in on it again, because without Jay, I'd just be a Fat White Guy in a Trenchcoat. Otherwise, I'm contemplating Athena (or Minerva, if Roman names are your bag). Then I get to rock a stuffed owl and carry my loom around with me!

What about your costume ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment